The password is used to keep operators and setup people from editing the user programs. The password option is shipped turned off. Here is the procedure to turn it on and change the value.
USE A:\OMNISLID> FOR TWO FLOPPY SYSTEM
USEC:\OMNITURN> FOR HARD DRIVE SYSTEM
1. Press left shift & escape to go to dos.
2. Type A: or C: press return. This will get you to
A:\ OMNINSLID> or C:\OMNITURN>Type ew_ prm.ser press return. This _ means press space bar.
3. The system parameters screen will now be present.
4.Change the second single zero in this line to 1.
5. Press F1 then F2.
This brings you back to
A:\ OMNINSLID> or C:\OMNITURN>.
6. Type ew secfile Hold alt key down and type 255 on number keypad on right. Then release alt key, cursor will jump one space to right, press return.
The editor screen is now present.
7. Press caps lock key.
8. Press escape.
9. Type in your password.
10. Press F1 then F2.
11. Reboot control by holding down, control alt delete.
This completes the password procedure. When a program is entered into the control, The operator, when entering the editor, must type the correct password in and enter it to proceed. Make sure caps lock key is engaged when entering password.