OmniTurn PM Checklist
Here is a quick checklist of how to keep your Omniturn in tip top shape. Take these helpful points and take care of your Omniturn and it will take care of you.
- Remove Sheet metal and Brush chips away.
- Check all hardware, screws, etc. for tightness.
- Visually inspect slides and ball trucks
- Visually inspect ball screw couplings and thrust bearings.
- Grease ball trucks.
- Check servo motor-mounting bolts.
- Check accordion way cover or rubber skirt
- Check backlash in each axis with an indicator
- On GT check the X axis brake bumper
- Check all axis control cables
- Backup user programs and store in office
- Open cover and inspect for loose wires and ribbon cables.
- Make sure computer cards are seated properly.
- Clean screen and make monitor adjustments if necessary.
- Check CTRL-E for balance and following error
Spindle Motor and Spindle Encoder
- Inspect and clean motor.
- Check belts and spindle encoder pulleys
- Check for loose hardware.
- Inspect collet closer and lube system.
- Check oil drip for collet closer
- Drain FRL and check filter